“Dzīvnieku brīvība” (Animal Freedom) is the first organisation in Latvia to stand up for the rights of all animal species. Our view is that a respect for animals as sentient beings is incompatible with the fact that they are being used like objects and are being killed for groundless and trivial reasons.
Objectives of our organisation:
- to lessen the use/exploitation of animals in all spheres of human activity;
- to promote a rationally ethical attitude in society in its attitude towards all animal species, promoting an understanding of animal rights, and providing information about the conditions and consequences of animal exploitation;
- to motivate people to become vegan, providing information about the needlessness of animal exploitation and information on alternatives to products derived from animals;
- to increase understanding about the health risks and environmental impact of the use of animal-derived products.
- organises educational events;
- organises campaigns to attract public attention and increase public understanding;
- takes part in open discussions about subjects directly or indirectly related to the exploitation of animals;
- co-operates with the media and state institutions.
Have faith that, with persistence, great things can be achieved by even a small group of determined and informed people. Together we can!